This week I will be posting information regarding education, demonstrations and the competitions available at this awesome event next Monday, February 16th, 2015!
Today I wanted to cover the general schedule of the day and the rest of the week I will be posting more details. I've also included a few tips for making the most of the event.
- 10:30 AM Introduction
- Make sure to come early and on time! Once the day starts it is sometimes hard to get a hold of the person you want to talk to.
- 11:00 AM 5 minute fade competition
- Watch other barbers' techniques and step your fade game up. Don't be afraid to ask questions after they're done but also don't be offended if they're still in game mode.
- 11:20 AM Effective branding and marketing
- 12:00 PM Student competition
- Are you looking for a new apprentice and want to find some fresh talent in the area? Or maybe you're looking to crossover from Cosmetology to Barbering. You can watch and see what the students can do here.
- 12:30 PM Effective cut, design and color
- ErrolTheElite educates. Personally, I know I will be attending this and Lici's because, let's face it, we always want to see new techniques and increase our visibility online.
- 1:00 PM ltimate Shave Competition
- I think it's innovative to include this competition. I haven't seen it at any competitions I've attended thus far. Imagine the stress of cutting in front of a crowd of people, let alone shaving. It will be great to watch.
- 1:45 PM Building An Effective Barber School
- Ever think of opening your own school? illionaireBarber will give you the necessary tools to be successful. You have the opportunity to network and ask any questions you may have, take advantage!
- 2:15 PM Freestyle Competition
- 2:45 PM Mastering Your Craft Effectively
- The name says it all. Captain_Smash will help you hone your skills and be the best in the shop.
- 3:15 PM Mystery Competition
- So I needed to clarify this one with the man himself, J. Dillard nd ask what exactly it means to enter the mystery competition. Apparently the competitors will draw a piece of paper from a bag and that is what they will do. Good luck!
Who will be there? Can't wait to meet you all! Let me know if you're competing, I will be there to cheer for you.